EcoCampus is the environmental management scheme for higher and further education.
Whether you are a university, college or institution the EcoCampus Scheme can help you develop, implement and maintain an environmental management system in line with the international management system standard, ISO14001.
EcoCampus is a scheme which offers a flexible phased approach to implementing an environmental management system for the higher and further education sector. Participants gain recognition at each stage of the process through a series of awards from bronze through silver, gold and platinum. This approach lends itself to the complex nature of institution's enabling you to implement an EMS at your own pace. The platinum award conforms with the requirements of the international environmental management standard ISO 14001.
The scheme provides training, consultancy, e-learning and software combined with third party verification via our UKAS accredited partner NQA.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
EcoCampus not only provides the framework for improving environmental performance, but assists institutions along the way.
- A flexible approach to implementing an environmental management system (EMS)
- A nationally recognised award scheme for the HE and FE sectors
- Training workshops to help implement the scheme and additional CPD workshops in specific areas of environmental management
- Networks to discuss best practice and exchange ideas
- Comprehensive guides and manuals
- Software applications to assist with operation of the management system (e.g. a full document control system with pre-written templates)
- Consultancy support including one to one sessions.
- External audits and training delivered in partnership with NQA
Watch this short video to find out more about the scheme: